Wednesday, July 8, 7:00 – 8:30
The what & how of NGO refugee assistance in the field (in Japanese)
Introduction to JEN‘s refugee assistance programs, managing projects, and sharing JEN’s experience in Afghanistan
Tsuda College Sendagaya Campus, Conference Room, Tsuda Hall
Registration: By telephone or online.
Visit our homepage for more information: http://osc.tsuda.ac.jp/course/international.html
For more informal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday July 10
Fare For Fair, fundraising event aiming to help Palestinian refugee youths receive fairer opportunities. 90% of proceeds from the night go to Social Care, a non-profit Shatila-based organization committed to supporting refugees through education in the arts and sciences, and the remaining 10% will go to Global Lives.
Get more information from Global Lives Project at www.globallives.org
Saturday, July 11, 2009 2:00 - 6:00
NetTokyo 2009 Charity Networking Event
Venue: Monsoon Café Daikanyama
Price: 4000 yen in advance; 5000 yen at the door
All bottled beer, wine, soft drinks, and cocktails: 500 yen.
Tickets: Buy tickets at http://www.nettokyo.jp or at the door.
Thursday, July 16, 2009, 6:00-8:00
Polaris talk featuring Dr. Mark Lagon, Executive Director of Polaris Project, U.S. headquarters
Place: Royal Blue Hall, Tokyo Tech Front, 1st Floor (in front of Ookayama Station)
http://www.somuka.titech.ac.jp/ttf/pdf/map.pdf One minute from Ookayama Station (Namboku Subway Line, Toei Subway Mita Line, and Tokyu lines, Ooimachi Line)
Admission free, Maximum 100 admitted
To register, please email email@example.com
The organizer will contact you only if you cannot able to attend the event due to capacity.
Those who can attend will not be contacted.
Thursday, July 16
"The Role of Business in Fighting Human Trafficking," featuring Dr. Lagon (in English)
American Chamber of Commerce Japan (Tokyo)
For members and their guests only.
Find out more: http://www.accj.or.jp/user/ueventdisplay.php?eventid=637
Saturday July 18
Salsa on the Beach, -- a double party by TLP and Tomoko-Sensei, ( www.dancingcanvas.com ) with lessons, BBQ, performance and dancing under the stars (and depending on how much you drink, or not, in the waves)
Tom's & TLP's Salsa Beach Party at the Oasis Latino in Zushi
Visit the website for details.
Friday July 24, 6:00-8:30
PSC moving sale and happy hour
We are moving out of the Maruko Building and have some books and NGO related materials to share.
We’ll also finish those last 3 bottles of wine.
Location PSC office, Maruko Bldg 3F
(See map to oxfam: http://gmap.jp/shop-12787.html which is on 2F)
RSVP by July 23 or just show up before 8:00.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Friday July 31, 12:30 ~2:00
PSC Networking luncheon: meet people from different nonprofit NGOs, share information about organizations and events, PLUS Matt Kass will present some ideas for future collaborative projects
Location Sugis http://www.sujis.net/japan/index.htm
FEE: Pay as you go => Order what you like from the menu.
RSVP by Monday July 27 email@example.com and we will send you participants list and agenda
Social change opportunities:
Get your company volunteer committee, school group or friends to join JEN’S Niigata weekend volunteer community development project => stay 2 or 3 nights in a small time and help elderly farmers who are still suffering from the Niigata Earthquake.
Harvest trips are scheduled for the fall: 9/18－9/21, 10/9－10/12, 11/6－11/8, 11/13－11/15
Specific contents of each trip vary but include activities such as rice or sweet potato harvesting, joining local festivals or picnics and meeting with people in the community.
For more information visit the website http://www.jen-npo.org/participation/field.html#5
Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
PSC is looking for someone to help work on the database. Contact Rose.email@example.com if you know excel pretty well and have some time in August to help out.
* Sarajean is looking into setting up a Buy 1 Give 1 Japan. http://www.buy1-give1free.com/ Will talk about this a bit at the PSC luncheon If your company or nonprofit NGO is interested in knowing more please drop me a line. Rose.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does your org need volunteers or interns for the fall? If so please send us the info and we will send it out in our August listing!
We want to list your group's events! To have information included in the next listing - please use the outline below and send us info by July 29.
Day, Date, time
Location and Venue access details
Registration info (where applicable)
For more information contact: contact person name with contact info (email, phone, fax)
URL for event and/or org